1. It is essential for all the students to carry their almanac and identity card daily.
2. Students will not be allowed to enter or leave school on short leave unless they show their gate pass at the gate, even though they are accompanied by parents/guardians.
3. A student should affix his/her recent photograph and write the required information, duly signed by a parent,in the space provided for in the almanac.
4. Students who come to school on their own should reach the school punctually.
5. If a student is found carrying a cell phone/ electronic gadget to school, it will be confiscated and deposited in the office. It will be returned to the parents at the end of the academic year with a fine of Rs. 2,000/-.
6. Changing of classrooms between periods should be done in an orderly manner and silently. Students should not unnecessarily leave their class at the end of every period.
7. Students should be habitually clean and always neatly dressed. The school uniform should be worn on all working days and for all school functions. Students who are slovenly dressed or not in uniform will be sent home. Use of hair gel is not allowed. Wearing low waist trousers or skirts-is forbidden.
8. All boys (except Sikhs) must keep their hair short. Girls must tie their hair neatly with a green band.
9. Non-Sikh boys should get their hair cut at regular intervals. Sikh boys must wear turbans in class IX and above. A patka may be worn only while playing games.
10. No books (other than text books or library books), magazines or paper should be brought to the school.
11. Lending or borrowing of money or other articles is not allowed.
12. Parents and guardians may meet the teachers during the specified time.
13. Students are not allowed to use the school telephone without the permission of the Receptionist. They will not be called to answer phone calls during class hours.
14. Office bearers will wear their respective badges daily.
15. Students using the school bus will maintain discipline in the bus.
16. The school does not permit the celebration of birthdays or festivals on the school campus. Parents are advised not to send sweets etc. with children for celebration of birthdays. Exchange of gifts is also not allowed. Birthday bumps are a punishable offence.
17. Students must take care of green rules in order to maintain clean, green surroundings. That is, school premises will not be littered with disposable tumblers, papers or polythene bags. If polythene bags are brought to school, care should be taken not to dispose them off in the school grounds. Minimal use of polythene bags will be appreciated.
18. Do not spoil or pluck flowers.
19. Students are expected to respect school property. No student should damage any school furniture, write or draw anything on the walls or in any way damage things belonging to others. Any school property damaged even by accident should be reported at once to the class teacher or to the Vice-Principal or the Principal.
20. Happy Convent School students should invariably be polite wherever they go. They should always remember that the school is judged by their conduct. They should greet their teachers when they meet them. Bullying and use of foul language are punishable offences.
21. Students are not allowed to bring any sharp instruments such as knives etc. to the school or any kind of object that can cause injury to others.
22. Students are advised to keep their class room, school buildings and campus as clean as possible, and throw leftovers into the dustbins.
23. The school is not responsible for goods lost. It is not advisable to bring valuable articles (like expensive watches or fountain pens) to school.
24. HCS provides education from Pre-school to class XII. Therefore, it is expected that the juniors be treated with love and affection, while the juniors show respect to their seniors. There should be perfect harmony between the day scholars and boarders.
25. No student is allowed to visit any of the kiosks/shop situated outside the school, and if found doing so, he/she will be subjected to punishment.
26. Students indulging in aggressive or violent behaviour will not be allowed to travel by school bus. They will be picked and dropped to school by their parents.
27. A permission card signed by the teacher (incharge of a period) must be carried by a child going to the clinic for treatment.
28. A vaccination record must be produced at the start of the year, if the child is not completely immunized.
29. Students should not join other students in violent, destructive activities or they will be subjected to punishment.
30. Students will not instigate other co-students or juniors to indulge in any misbehaviour or any form of anti-school activity which will bring disrepute to the school and could spoil the career of the concerned student.
31. Students will not boycott the orders, directions and instructions given to them by the school authorities.
32. Students using unfair means during examination will face disciplinary action as decided by the school authorities.
33. Students who fail in two subjects will not be promoted to the next class (For no RTE classes).
34. Students who fail in one subject may be allowed a compartment for re-appearing in the subject, subject to his/her previous result in terminal exams (For no RTE classes).
35. A student will not cooperate or indulge in any act of violence committed by other students which will harm any student physically or mentally.
36. Students will not do anything to disturb the principles and norms of school discipline.
37. School rules can be changed without prior notice or reason.
38. No attendance would be given to a student during period of suspension.
39. Bunking school/classes is strictly forbidden and will lead to disciplinary action against the student.
40. Fee can be paid by cheque/draft/cash within the stipulated time.
41. It is compulsory for every student to be regular & punctual in attending school. In case of absence from school, a leave application must be sent in advance or on the following day, failing which a fine of Rs. 5/- per day will be imposed. The student must also ensure punctuality.
42. Every student is required to come to school in neat, clean and specified school uniform, failing which any disciplinary action can be taken against the student. Please note a student accompanying his parents at PTM will also have to come in uniform.
43. All communication, written as well as verbal must be made only in English. It is compulsory for all students to use only English as the medium of communication in School.
44. Lunch comprising of nutritious homemade food has to be brought by every student. Parents must desist from giving money in place of homemade lunch even to the senior students.
Following activities are not allowed.
1. Writing on the shirts or uniform.
2. Spitting in or near the school building.
4. Any form of gambling.
5. Use of drugs or intoxicants, except on prescription by a registered medical practitioner.
6. Rowdyism and rude behaviour.
7. Use of violence in any form.
8. Casteism, communalism or untouchability in any form.
9. Bursting crackers or throwing colour on one another/or painting faces within the school premises.
Late arrivals in school
1. The school gate will close 5 minutes after the first bell rings.
2. Late arrivals, wherever applicable, will be fined Rs. 50/- if they arrive after the gate has been closed. A second offence will entail a fine of Rs. 150.
3. Disciplinary action will be taken against late arrivals who are not carrying the Almanac.
I. To see that the person is not drunkard.
II. To check that the child is not coming by cycle-rickshaw.